Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, May 09, 2005

HOT SUNNY DAZE

The last few days have been simply gorgeous, hot and sunny. Even though I woke up Saturday in a crappy mood and don't even remember exactly what all I did that day. But Sunday we got up early and flew to Barnwell for the South Carolina Breakfast Club. A bunch of flyers from all over the state and beyond get together every other Sunday for breakfast (usually grits, eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits) and good company. We watch each other land and admire the planes, etc. Loads of fun. Yesterday was so beautiful.

Today I flew to CEU to check out the lead on a possible job doing inspections and restorations. Bad news: the place is small and slow and doesn't really need another person. Oh well. It was a try. I did leave my card and will hope things change. Not holding my breath, however. Then I flew to GMU to leave the plane so I can start on the Annual Inspection tomorrow. Thomas O is working over the break, so I guess I'll have to forgo his company on the project. I'll survive.

I had to load my tool boxes and tools into my car to cart to A&B. It'll take me forever to sort out everything! At least I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.

P.S. I managed to work the tug perfectly on the first try yesterday!! Yeah me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home