Windy Weekend
But the best thing there was an Aeronca Chief that one of the FBO owners had restored from scratch. It had been in a barn for 29 years-- the classic story. We spoke and I examined it all. I mentioned that I was looking for a Champ and he mentioned that he had a project available in his hanger in CEU.
OH MY GOD!!!
Plus, he worked for Randy VanSurdam, the guy in Clemson with the vintage place. Where I want to work. Now I have an added (if it is possible) incentive to get to CEU and meet Randy and see the plane. Bill was his usual unexcited self, but was not negative about it, so I take that as positive. I have such good feelings thinking about the possibility of actually working on vintage aircraft. Of course, Randy runs the FBO, so work would be standard 100 hour stuff, but I just feel that there will be experience on wood and fiber.
PLEASE LET THIS WORK OUT
Now I have to wait all week and hope that Friday is nice flying weather (which so far the wx map doesn't indicate...)
Meanwhile, we purchased a little power tug for N53187. It came with "some assembly required" plus some problems. I got it mostly together while Bill was still in Pennsylvania but got stuck with a few bugs. When he got home, good ole Bill fiddled with it and got the bugs out. Now I just have to practice getting the plane into the hanger with it. No more struggling and pushing on the prop uphill backwards.
YEAH!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home