BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND WITH MY SWEETIE and other stories
On Sunday we flew up to Statesville NC and back. Bill flew up, me back. I actually just wanted to keep on flying and not stop, but go somewhere and DO something. But we just turned around and came back. Then Bill worked outside for the rest of the afternoon and evening and suddenly it was time for him to get ready to leave again. For once I felt that we had managed to actually be together for the weekend, instead of it suddenly being Monday again.
Well, I know what I mean, any way.
While at the store today I saw a woman with a tee shirt with an interesting airplane on it and asked her if she is a pilot. She said her dad was an aerobatic pilot with a plane like the one on her shirt (I can't remember what it was!) and she used to be a a/c mechanic. (She had a neck brace so I think she might not be working anymore). When I told her that I also am a aircraft mechanic at school for my powerplant, she asked me what my future plans are. I mentioned restoration and vintage planes and she told me all about where she used to work! Turns out there is a place in CEU (Clemson) that is a vintage aircraft shop. I think they do regular GA stuff too. Anyway, she was an apprentice there and gave me the info and told me I should stop over and visit at lunch time (11 am as per usual). This Friday is the Advisory Committee meeting but next week if the weather is good I know where I plan to fly!!!
Suddenly I feel that the choice of options for a future are not as narrow as it seemed. And that feels so good, like a vise has been loosened on my chest. I'll let you know what I find out.
Meanwhile, this Saturday is the Open House at AvServe, the new place on Donaldson Field with the cleanest workshop I have ever seen. I'll keep you posted on it all.
Next up: TESTS all week, nightmare too: ELECTRICITY & ALGEBRA
hopefully I'll survive to tell you all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home