Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Finals week coming up

So, this coming week is the last one of the term and I have a Unit Exam in each class plus the Final for each class. We covered a lot of material, and this year my brain has been more of a sieve than ever. I think I have maxed out (or close to it) to being a college student. After this term is the next one with two classes, one of which is 'taught' by Kendall. Nightmare. Then in May starts the summer terms. Two classes in the first term and I believe only one in the last term. Unless I can find a Math 170 class to fit into the Summer schedule, I won't be getting a degree without returning for the Fall semester. All for one 50 minute class, 5 days a week. ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Bill keeps insisting that the degree is sooo important, but I have ALWAYS been of the mind that it is bogus. I mean, the whole formal education system is bogus. It is all about what you know, what you learn, and what you can REMEMBER. That last being a touchy point with yours truly...

So, Bill still has to keep going up to Pennsylvania weekly. It has created this limbo life, what with school, empty evenings, an under exercised dog and Bill coming and going. Oh, and Kjrstn popping in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (a good thing). I think it is that time of year, not yet real Spring but the ending of Winter and a sense of When Will it Be Summer??? Of course, I will be at school all summer. The point about the Fall semester, other than just being fed up with school, is that I really want to take off when I finally finish A&P stuff, flying up to NY to take friends for rides and all that. I don't want to be confined by the college schedule. If only the class was offered on line this summer. Well, there is a month before registration, maybe (oh please please please) there will be a class offered that I can fit into the schedule. So far only M-F at 8 AM, conflicting with my AMT classes.

Am I whining too much?? Well, for heaven's sake, I have NO ONE TO TALK TO. I am extreemly lonely and am spending all my extra time with Jane Austen. At least her language is superior to what I am subjected to all day with the guys at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home