Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Airplane Problems

Bill got home early on Friday night (caught an earlier flight) and that was nice. Mayah was very pleased to see him. She gets confused and a little sulky when he is away. Sorta like me. On Saturday he had his usual lesson (IFR training) and at the end of the lesson the alternator went on the fritz. We did some troubleshooting and decided that it is the alternator, not the voltage regulator. We have only had this alternator for less than three years, so it is a pisser. The last one gave out soon after we bought the plane, seemingly because the previous owner had over torqued some bolts and they broke and damaged the innards of the alternator.

That changed all the airplane/flying plans for the week. We were going to go to the SCBC in Clemson on Sunday morning, but instead ferried the plane to GMU to have it at A&B during the week. (Bill is back in Pa. for the week.) Today I was supposed to take N53187 to get the IFR certification needed for Bill's check ride. That has been postponed. Ordered a replacement part and will have to learn how to do the R&R after school at A&B. Good experience. Just a pain, not to mention expensive.

There is an AOPA Town Meeting in Charlotte on Thursday evening, the Greenville Tech AMT Advisory Committee on Friday morning, Twelfth Night at the Peace Center (going with Kjrstn) on Friday night, the IA/Maintenance Seminar all day Saturday and on Saturday evening Bill and I will be attending the War Birds Dinner at the Armory. Whew, I am tired just thinking of it.

Plus, I have two! quizes tomorrow.

Gotta go study now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home