Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Spring Semester, term One

So, another semester/term has begun. This term both classes (Lubrications & Reciprocating engines) are being taught by Mr. Crocker. At least we will be having fun! Maybe even learn a thing or two. He has improved vastly since the begining of Turbine class, so this might work out. Next term, however, it seems that Mr. Kendal will be 'teaching' the Prop class.

We have another female in the class! Nicky (Nicole) is young, slight, and the granddaughter of Jim Young, someone I know from the EAA. He showed up last semester one day and came over to say hello. I didn't recognise him because he had shaved off his lovely white beard. Nicky seems to be knowledgable about airplanes, and can hold her own with the rowdy group. The bad news of the day is that her lunch was bad and she was in the can all afternoon. Poor thing. But it will be an interesting class (both lube and recip).

I am trying to get the info on a radial engine that someone from the EAA had for sale, want to see if it is still available, and if there is $$ in the budget to replace the busted up one at school.

I went to Northern tool supply and was like a kid in a toy store. Bought a bunch of little stuff for the hanger, including a scooter seat. Yeah me!

Well, since I got up at 4 am when Bill's alarm went off (he had to catch an early flight to PA.), I am tired already and need to clean up and go to bed. More updates soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home