Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

The week end at last

Somehow the week went from being full of energy and excitement to exhaustion and pain. By Wednesday my body ached everywhere. Who knew that airplanes were such tiny, crammed spaces? Well, actually, I did. Of course, I managed to forget that, rather in the same way I have forgotten the ordeal of childbirth. Thursday and Friday were just days to be gotten through. I packed up my tools and loaded my car by 4 and got out of Dodge (GMU). In my blind way I am actually looking forward to starting classes again on Monday. That should last maybe a day or two if not just an hour. We will know when class starts and I find out who is the instructor.

PLEASE NOT MR KENDELL

At least I know the guys will be friendly. And I won't have to listen to the drivel on Talk Radio. (Enough with the Righteous Right already). I don't even want to have Al Franken drone on at me, let alone Rush Limbough or what ever his name is.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Really, does anyone need to rant for hours about trivial nonsense??? and such negativity. It is enough to cause mass suicide just to escape the drone.

Well, that is the main down side to working at Above & Beyond. Otherwise, I did lots of neat new stuff this week. Pulled cylinders, put parts of an engine into the bay, did the airframe inspection (100 hrs) on a C152, ran up some planes, worked on the Diamond Katana, actually ran that puppy up as well. I know I did more, but I'd have to check my log. It all fades away at the end of the day, or else I'd never get up and go back for more. At least this time I managed to keep a positive attitute. I am feeling pretty good, mentally.

Must be the Tarot cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home