Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Back from Florida

We had a fairly pleasant visit to the In-Laws in Daytona Beach. Ate far too much, which puts my new plan to take better care of my self on a delay. We stayed in the den, a room that is separated from the open area by a glass door that doesn't reach the floor. My nightmare of invaded privacy almost came true. In the mornings the conversations at the dining room table sounded like the people were sitting right next to the bed. Saturday night Emma (about 10 years old) slept on the couch and that felt weird. Needless to say, Christmas vacation was a bit short on intimacy with the hubby. Say no more. Bill has the rest of the week off, so we can make up time...

We spent a brief time at the beach, but it was windy, cold and high tide. The kids found a crab, that was interesting. Jim took some great photos of the birds, sandpipers and gulls. Also took a day to drive around, just Bill and I, and looked at airports and the Embry Riddle campus there. That was interesting. I especially like the many many bicycles chained to the dormatory balcony and all along the fences. Will try to get a photo up. The row of airplanes for the students went on for forever!

We tried to get into Spruce Creek to have a look-see, but the guard wouldn't buy our story about wanting to look around at houses to see if we would like to live there. He offered to get us a realtor, but Bill declined at this time...

As usual, it was impossible to get a word in edgwise with all the talk that Bill's mother does. I wish she would let someone else talk, she isn't the only font of knowledge. Maybe it is just that she doesn't care to hear what I have to say. I only know that it is impossible to have an actual conversation with her, just a lot of her telling you all about any subject at hand. I wanted to tell her what we saw at E-R, but she was too full of telling me about the colleges in the area. I do believe that I know a bit about it, I DO have a vested interest!! Also, Kathleen gives her a run for the money, always filling in any void with words. My ears are still ringing from the constant talk-talk-talk.

Oh well

I am home now and what a ride home. Seven hours of silence. Bill is the just like his mother. Only instead of monopolising the talking, he doesn't have any conversational skills and just doesnt talk much at all. It is one of the things that saddens me and keeps me a bit lonely. I would like to have someone to actually converse with on topics of interest to me. Bill expounds on a topic, but there is no give and take, just his say and that is that.

What a bunch of Know-It-Alls.

Oh well.

I'm tired and am going to bed.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home