It's almost over
As to my ceramics class, the final is really just a critique of the final project, which I forgot to photograph, but will try to remember to do so I can put it up here for you all to cry over. Maybe the Tea Pot will be fired and we can all see how it turns out. As for the drape mold project, I still have to glaze it, and haven't decided just what to do about that so it is just sitting there waiting. I also have some bowls and mugs to glaze. It will be a busy Monday evening. A lot of the junk I created is being donated to the first firing of the new gas kiln that Erin has been putting together. I made a lot of junk, so it isn't a real sacrifice.
I stopped in at Above & Beyond the other day and they asked if I could come in to help, as they are again suddenly swamped with work. That brightened my outlook on life, as it is always great to be wanted. Yesterday I started back. The skin on the stabilizer needs replacing, so I spent the day drilling out rivets. I can't decide if the ones on the top were any easier than the bottom. Actually, for the bottom ones I got to stretch out on a creeper, but had to hold my arm upright to drill the rivets. They were actually pretty easy to drill for the most part. However, the aluminum bits that fell all over seemed to find their way all the way to my underwear, which made for a great amount of discomfort. There was little silver stuff everywhere. Actually funny, but annoying. The other work looks interesting, hopefully I can keep up with my blog.
When I got home I was reading a book at the table when I was overcome with fatigue. I mean it, I just fell into a deep sleep and couldn't move. Bill came in and I could hear him ask me about the day, but I couldn't even speak. Somehow I managed to get up to bed, but slept like a rock, something I rarely do. Today I am really sore all over. Work can do that.
I got to work on airplanes, I got to work on airplanes! ha ha ha, yeah for me. I really do like airplanes. My arm hurts, so I'm stopping here


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home