Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Saturday February 19, 2005

Today I went to the Subaru dealership for an Owners Workshop, or something like that. They started it recently for new owners, so I signed up even though I've had my Forester for almost THREE years. Wow, so long, and does it need a bath... Anyway, it was neat to get an inside tour of the place and lots of car talk. Found out that the oil filters have a check valve, and why I should let the car idle for a while before taking off right away. And a demo of an airbag deploding. or is it dexploading? It was a loud bang and the bag lifted about two feet off the ground. It the accident doesn't give you a heart attack, the noise of the bag working will.

Yesterday I went to Clemson with a bunch from school to check out the Virtual Reality program they are working on for the AMT department. Interesting. Though not as close to reality as I expected. Very CG. They were looking for feedback, so we filled out a survey, etc. We all (13 of us) went over from school in a big van and by the time we got back I was suffering from testosterone poisoning.

When I got home I re-watched Pride and Predjudice for the manieth time. The BBC Colin Firth version. The ball scenes are so great with all the country dances. I miss doing English Country Dancing. Even the SCA stuff, which is actually the main place I used to do ECD. The one dance I especially liked was post-period anyway. I think I may have to actually purchase the DVDs some time in the future. Meanwhile, I will have to get a dose of Colin Firth elsewhere.

I find that the language in Jane Austin is so wonderful. Did people really speak so thoughtfully and precisely? If my vocabulary was anywhere near the fulness and colorfulness of that I would love it. I wish people would use such thoughtful speach nowadays. Instead of the profanity laced drivel I am constantly exposed to, especially among all the boys I have to spend my time with. Oh for a more refined company!

I have been feeling fairly neutral about life in general lately. Not much extreems here. Oh, a little bit of angst prior to a test, but it seems to always work out. I am a bit tired of being forever at school. Looking really forward to finishing, and really upset that I may have to take a Math class in the fall if I wish to have an associates degree. Bollocks. I want to spend time in NY in August, not hurry back for a one hour a day class! Grrr. Anyway, it will be over soon. a few more months. I am trying to avoid getting too crazed. I would like to get it over with and start to feel more like myself. If I can figure out just what that is...

Bill should be taking his check ride for his Instrument rating tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home