Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Snowy/Icy/Rainy Weekend

This past week was pretty full. I had a test on Tuesday, one on Wednesday and two Unit exams on Thursday. Pretty much that meant any evening plans I had were scrapped in order to study for each test. I'm like that, I like to cram/study for tests etc. This year I have relaxed a little and am not quite so keyed up prior to tests. Well, I still whine and complain that there is just too much information and how will I remember it all and I'm sure I will not pass the tests, etc. So far it hasn't happened. I think I'm still stuck with that A grade.

On Thursday I felt crappy and dizzy. I'd had a few dizzy moments earlier in the week, which I put down to not eating between classes and having low blood sugar, but I felt really dragged out by Thursday. I had an appointment (again)on Friday with Stevens for the instrument inspection on the plane, but I just didn't feel up to flying there and hanging out all day while waiting for them to do the inspection. I copped out and just stayed in bed til noon. I must have needed it, and I never even got that overheated thing that usually happens in the early hours when I usually shed the top layer of covers. I liked being all nestled and sleeping in. I think it must have helped, because I feel better.

Bill got back Friday night and by Saturday morning it had started to snow. He decided not to go to the hanger where he had planned to change the oil in N53187. Fine by me, we actually hung out together for the day. Nothing special, just both in the house at the same time, and lots of hugs. I really have been missing having him around during the week. Another two weeks and hopefully he can stay in town for a while.

Kjrstn got a call from work telling her to stay home, the roads were icy and bad. But she still had to go in on Sunday for inventory. It was foggy and still yucky out, but the temperature was above freezing so everything was dripping. If it freezes tonight it will be awful tomorrow, though.

Bill is over at the hanger changing the oil in the plane. I'll be doing oil changes in school next week, not that I need the practice. Been there, done that-- lots of times at work. Today it feels positive, due to the melting snow/ice. Almost spring like, in a way. This is the ONE thing about moving south that I am truly grateful for-- short, easy winters and early springs, long summers. It has kept me from getting truly depressed as this winter has (so far) been really mild. Okay, there have been streaks of really cold days, but I just check the weather up north and smile.

Today is laundry day, and maybe I'll get some more weaving done on the fabric I am making to use in a new hat. Purple this time. Looking good. Just taking a while, as the studio is freezing. Been keeping the door closed so that the furnace doesn't work so hard.

Seems like not much worth reporting has been happening, so on with neutrality.



1 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

I felt crappy and dizzy on Thursday too! Maybe it was something genetic.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home