Musings on Life and other questionable things
Okay, I have done many many different things over the years. My resume would cover several areas of interest. For example, I have worked as admin asst at Lincoln Center, have managed music productions there, been involved with theatre in various areas- costume, stage manager, performer, box office, usher. Home schooled my kids, worked in a weaving studio, taught weaving, bought and sold related equipment. Learned to fly aeroplanes, am in college to be a aircraft mechanic. was the president of the local renaissance recreation organisation (SCA), taught Bobbin Lace, and renaissance dancing. Was on the PTA in several capacities.
I am not writing this well, but I have dabbled in many areas and been proficient in very few. I spent the longest in the weaving studio but have little of my own artistic work to show. In other words, I never had a vocation. Nothing panned out to be a career of lasting and fiscal benefit. So, I've been thinking: Why not just BE, and not try to figure out What you Are/Should be. If what ever you are doing at any given time is being done with all your attention and love, then that is what you are at that time. Who declared that we have to have a spacific plan and goal for our lives, that we have to BE SomeOne or SomeThing in order to have lived. Annika does many things well, why should she focus on one aspect of who she is and dwell on it and ignore or put off any other in order to strive to be excellent in just one thing above all else. Why isn't it okay to just do things, and let them be what they are.
Okay, I'm rambling. Maybe I'll edit this later and try to be coherent.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home