Falling Into the New Me
But, I really like working at the book store. I don't know if it is the particular bookseller job, or just having a job, or what, but I think I am comfortable with being this person right now. I even am relaxing about the clothes thing. I have to dress in 'business casual,' which means: no jeans, no t-shirts. Well, that about eliminates my total wardrobe. Sorta, I have been able to tear through the closet and find some items I never wear that are appropriate. And I bought three (3) pairs of pants that are not jeans and might even be considered slacks. How very unlike me. Or someone I think of as me.
Bill calls me Shopgirl. See "You've Got Mail" and you'll know why.
So today, since I don't have to be at work until 7 PM (!), I spent an hour going through most of the boxes in the attic to search for baby related books to send to Annika. There must be at least one other box I couldn't find, but I did get a handfull of books to send. Plus, I found the Phillip Pullman "His Dark Material" books so I can try to wean myself from Harry Potter and reread them and see if I can follow them now that I have all of them and can read them one after the other and maybe still remember the story line.
Whew, that was a long sentence.
Well, gotta go sort the recycling stuff and get it out of the house. Take it to the recycling center, then go to Goodwill and look for tops to wear to work. Then shower for work. Then go to work.Yeah work!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home