Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

It Gets Worse

I stopped off at A&B, the maintanance shop where I've been working off and on (mostly off these last six months of classes) to see how business is doing. They have been working steadily, but really didn't seem to be interested in having another person syphoning off their income. Times are tight, they have lost one FBO's 100-hours to an inhouse A&P, so that regular work is gone. They said that in the last two weeks they've had at least four people phone looking for jobs. I got a hedgy feeling about it all, not certain if it was a general disinterest in another person or if it was in fact personal.

I, of course, am taking it very personally. After deciding that I should try to keep my hand in the maintenance business, it looks like the business is not interested in having me. What I would like to do is restoration work, but for that I would probably have to go somewhere else and most likely end up doing volunteer work to start. Not exactly a way to generate an income and happy home life. GRRRRR.

Well, tomorrow I go in for my Powerplant Oral, and Saturday the Practical. I am so numb that I hardly feel anxious at all. Where did I leave that bottle of scotch??? It's here somewhere. Ah, there it is. TTYL ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home