Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

One Test Done

Last Thursday I finally bit the bullet and took the "Written" test for my Powerplant Certification. It actually was a computer generated 100 Question (randomly drawn from a bank of about a thousand possible questions) multiple choice test. I got a 90. I would have gotten at least 91, but at the end I changed an answer.

Note to self: when you are guessing, go with the first guess!

Today I spent two hours with Phil N. going over some of the stuff I need to know for the O & P testing. I plan to work with him for reviewing on Tuesdays/Thursdays after my math class for the next few weeks or until he kicks me out and says I'm ready. Actually, he thinks I'm ready now, but I know he is wrong. I will NEVER be ready, but I still have to get to a point where I can just bite that poor bullet, and go for it. I figure maybe October 7th/8th. We'll see.

On the Home Front, I have started cleaning out the basket in the office that is holding about three years of "I'll go through that later" stuff. (By basket, I'm talking large laundry sized basket.) A few weeks ago I rearranged the office and it feels so much better. There really IS something to FenShuay (however it is spelled). I may finally make this lovely house a home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home