Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

SE Section Meeting of the 99s



Last Friday I flew down to Atlanta for the SouthEast Section Meeting of the 99s. I met Lee at the airport and we took a C172XP, which is a little more powerful than my C172 and has a constant speed prop. I was a little intimidated, especially since Lee said she always flies right seat, which made me Pilot-In-Command. The flight was smooth, above a scattered cloud layer. And the approach and landing was smooth as well. I must be getting better at this flying business.

I met some neat people and had a great time. Since it all makes sense, I told Lee that I may as well just go ahead and become the Chair instead of waiting and being "in training". It will be a good thing. I hope I can keep on top of things and get the chapter moving. We'll see.

Tomorrow I'm flying over to Donaldson to take Diane (the new office person at the AMT building) for a flight. I plan to stop off at AvServe and make sure Michele knows about the 99s meeting, and then stop at GMU and tell the girls there about it. They have a female CFI there as well, and I hope to get her involved. All in All, I hope to do well.

Meanwhile, it is looking more and more like I will go for the Mesa job. Won't know how it is unless I give it a try. I can always leave, but I think I should give it a try. As a backup, I always have Melanie and Old Rhinebeck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home