Catching Up
Friday it was another beautiful sunny and lightly breezy day. I got off to a lazy start and I was almost two hours behind when I started delivering Mobile Meals. One person said she had thought maybe it was a holiday and there wouldn't be a delivery. Another said I was late. Well, it is better to get off early and then no one has to be just waiting. I am concerned for the first lady on my route. She is so lonely, and wants to talk and talk. I stay for a while, but I still have many people to feed, so I feel sad to just leave. I went in to the office to speak with someone about arranging a visitor for her on some kind of regular basis. Don't know how that will go, we'll see.
Saturday the Airport had a Customer Appreciation Luncheon, sponsered by Shell, the new fuel company for the airport. Mutts barbeque, beans, slaw, etc. Yum. Bill had a lesson at one, so I tootled home to pick up K and
We went to a SCA demo in Union.
It was peculiar to be among the Scadians wearing shorts and a ball cap. The people we spoke with were all really nice and kept saying that the SCA misses me. Someone had some Bobbin Lace on display, so we spoke for a while. I told her to contact me if she wanted to get together to lace. The Baron of the area had Really Nice Garb. (Picture somewhere around the page). I haven't yet gotton the hang of working this html thing and linking pictures, etc. Anyway, there were horses and equestrian demos. Nice. I think K will get involved. I have decided that I can still love all the stuff the SCA means to me without spending the time involved in the organisation. I have other things I need to do with my time.
Don't ask how I spent Sunday. Probably doing laundry, etc. One thing that is memorable is THE SNAKE IS BACK. This time it had swallowed a bird. It was all tangled around the feeder with a bulge that was a small bird. It slithered off after a while and hid somewhere to digest. YUCK!
Monday back to school. Thomas O was out, so I worked alone on the C150 checking the plugs and putting the harness back on and torquing it up and all.
Went to Ceramics totally uninspired for this drape mold project. I had Absolutely NO IDEA what to do or how to go about it. Erin, as usual, was all spacey--gotta love her though. It was absolutely pouring rain, our part of the latest hurricane. Only Wally and I were there. Roberta started but left to get home before the roads were blocked up in the woods where she lives. Erin and I brainstormed and figured out what to do. I am making a set of small tea plates that will have a place for cups and finger foods. They are like a puzzle, all linked together in a radial pattern. I am finally inspired and last night, after studying for the quiz in the morning class, I made a pattern for the plates. I feel really good about it. After all, I managed to make it a tea related project!!! I will make little pinch cups, though if I feel like it when we get to wheel work I will throw some as well. Looking forward to tonight with much more excitement than last time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home