Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, September 20, 2004

How Did I Get Here?

It's already Monday and I am not sure how I spent the last few days. Let's see:

Wednesday evenings Ceramics class went well until the end when I just couldn't get the handle of my teapot to work. I think I was just really tired. I left feeling frustrated and a little pissed that I would have to take extra time to come back and finish since the critique is next class.

Thursday I was feeling draggy and class was a bust. Since we'd finished the bench work on the mags it was time to do mag to engine timing, but the plane we'd been assigned hadn't been run up from the last team. Putzed around most of class, including a brief moment assessing a software program some guys from Clemson put together and were looking for feedback. Felt really tired when I got home and decided to skip going to Greer to work on the teapot and since Bill was returning that evening I would be able to monitor his flight. The hurricane (Ivan) was making awful weather around Atlanta, his port of entry from Mexico. My exhaustion soon turned to fury when I discovered that the dog had eaten a few dozen cookies that K had cooling on the counter. I have some dog related no-nos, and taking things from counters and tables are number one. I really can't abide that. Mayah was in the dog house. I was really pissed. Not that there weren't any cookies (K had botched the batch and they were too salty anyway), but that Mayah can't be trusted. She had been so good for such a long time. Grrrrr.

Bill's flight had to hold forever over Atlanta and finally went to Augusta for fuel. Wish they'd just gone to GSP. Delayed his arrival, but he finally got home.

Friday I was in a foul mood. Rain, and I had to deliver meals. I managed to maintain a good front, but sped thru the deliveries just to get it done with. Spent some time (I don't even know how) before running off at the last minute to the library to check my shelves. Watched Willow in PM with K. Never had seen the whole thing straight thru, that I recall.

Saturday was gorgeous and I was still in a rotten mood, though somewhat tempered. We had originally had a cook out at the airport to attend, but because the weather had been forecast to be awful it was postponed to next week. Of course that is the day that the ceramics class is spose to go to Asheville to go to Highwater Clays. Hate this conflict stuff. I spent the middle of the day at the studio finishing my teapot. It was frustrating until I finally figured out the way to do it and I am please with the results. Ended the day by going with K to see Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkabahn for the fifth time.

Sunday was another beautiful day which started out with a jolt. Bill was snoozing on the chair in the family room and I was out on the deck with the dog. Thinking it had been a while since I'd seen birds at the feeder, I thought I'd check to see if it was out of seed. I took it off the hanger and opened the top. I closed the top speedily and replaced it on the hanger. I must have let out a yelp because when I found myself back in the kitchen Bill was asking me if I was okay. Well, I was mostly startled at finding there was a black snake all curled up in the birdseed! Later he hooked the feeder with a hoe and took it to the front yard to let the snake out. Meanwhile I definately was wide awake. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, and working on my research presentation. Took basically all day to finish, but it is done. I am scheduled to present it tonight, but we have critiques and I sense that will take all of the class, though I am prepared at last.

Today I start all over again, but it is beautiful out and tomorrow is suppose to be also, so I am considering flying to school tomorrow. We'll see how today goes, to see if I want to have Augie (N53187) near the guys in the school.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home