Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Learning the Ropes & Avoiding a Hurricane

With the help of Annika I have finally gotten a photo up on my profile. I spent ages trying to figure out how to upload the picture, but finally resorted to begging assistance from my daughter! The shot is of me holding the aviator bear my dear friend Pat gave to me when I started flying. Of course I named him Charles Lindbeargh. Couldn't help it, though I generally don't go for that sort of thing. We are in front of N53187, our Cessna 172, the first day we flew her. Charlie sits in the back seat to keep an eye on things during flight. He is accompanied by a purple bear from Fed-Ex. Her name is Amelia Bearheart. (Again, apologies for the awful name. I promise, I won't ever do it again.) Bill & I were planning to fly down to Daytona Beach for the Labor Day Weekend, but everyone from there is leaving to avoid the newest Hurricane. The In-Laws are staying put, trusting that all will be well. Didn't even invest in plywood. Keeping fingers crossed as I sit here typing and listening to the radio calls on our hand held tranceiver tuned to the SPA frequency. Bill is having a flight lesson and is out flying VOR approaches, preparing for his Instrument Rating. Even with that, we wouldn't have gone to Florida this weekend :-) It is lovely with the tempurature finally at a tolerable level, and a nice breeze. Thanks Frances!! Over and Out, Nan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home