Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lunch & Tumble/ Teens Perform

I went to lunch with a group of ladies yesterday. After I had ordered I realised that I'd left my overshirt in the car, and I was a bit chilly. While going out the door to get the shirt I misjudged the step and twisted my foot. Man, I don't recall feeling that sort of pain for a looong time. It felt really bad. I hobbled to my car, got the shirt and when I returned to the table the waitress brought me a bag of ice for my foot. The food was delish, btw.
My day was booked solid, but I called my boss to ask if it was okay to skive off going to the Teen Committee meeting. He suggested I go home and put my foot up and come in an hour later than scheduled. So I did. I had to go to work because it was the first of my Teen Programs and I surely didn't want to miss it! While at home I made up some Certificates for the kids who won the competition. Since there were only three performances signed up, it was easy to decide that everyone would be a winner. I'd already bought gift cards to WalMart (not my choice of places, but most easily accessed by the kids in Pacolet) for each of them. One of the signed up people couldn't make it, so we really only had two groups. One was a boy doing Karate demonstrations, and the other was two girls who had a HipHop dance they had choreographed. Both groups did a 'warm-up' performance and then the competition ones. I borrowed a digital video camera and taped the whole thing so that the kids can upload to their MySpace or YouTubes if they want to. Another girl joined the boy in an impromptu song and at the end there were some of the kids I'd convinced to come in to watch that got up and danced, short but sweet.
All in all it was fun, not too taxing a job.
Oh, but my foot!!! By the time I got home it was really swollen and sore! I watched the season 3 Dr. Who Christmas show (just out on DVD!!!) and then hobbled up to bed. I couldn't find a position that didn't make my foot hurt, I was crying it was so bad. After what seemed like hours, I finally realised that I needed to go downstairs and get the Advil bottle. I crawled to the stairs and sat on them to work my way down. Hopping to the cabinet, I got the Advil and reversed the process to get back to bed. I slathered my foot with more Arnica cream (I'd been doing that all along) and swollowing 4 pills I got back into bed and after about 5 minutes I was able to fall asleep.
This morning it is still swollen, but not as sore, and I can get around. I still need to stay off it though, I overdid it yesterday, fer shore. I can wiggle my toes, so I don't think anything is broken. Little hoorahs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home