Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Jobs

You might remember last year, in August, I originally interviewed for the Library at a small branch across town. That position was given to someone who lived nearby and I was soon offered the clerk job at my local branch, which I took in November. Well, eight months later I had a Review with the Branch Manager and we discussed several things which included the ideas that I would be a good Reference Librarian, and that I should consider an Assistant Position. I took this to heart and looked at the job postings and saw that that same small distant branch was indeed looking for an Assistant. One of the primary responsibilities is Teen Services at the branch. I called HR, no one home, left a message. Called my boss and asked her what she thought of the idea. She thinks it's a good move, and gave me the number of the lady who coordinates the Branches (she always sits in on interviews). Called, no one home, left a message. Then I decided to just call the Branch Manager direct since we had met just last year. She sounded pleased that I was interested and asked me to email my current resume, which I immediately did. She said that they were interviewing in a few days, and someone would contact me to set up an interview. Pretty cool, huh. Especially considering that I mentioned it to a co worker who said she'd put in an application and hadn't heard back yet (no way she'd be considered anyway IMHO).

Soooo, today I had my interview. I think it went well, at least I didn't say anything REALLY stupid, which I could easily do.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home