Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

WHEW!

The Annual is finally finished. Only had to replace the main tires. It took the whole week, in 90+ degree heat and leaving by 3PM in order to get home, wash up and go to the Library to work there. On Thursday I dawdled in the AM and started later, but I needed a bit of down time. It helped and on Friday I wasn't quite so very tired. Monday morning Bill and I drove to GMU to get the plane. Unfortunately it was raining with poor visability so we had to wait at least an hour before Bill could take off. He ended up filing in the air, solo IFR in the soup in order to do an ILS landing at SPA. He actually got to our hanger before I did (driving my tools back). Of course, I had waited around for his take off, otherwise we would most likely have arrived at the same time. In any case, it is over for another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home