Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Changes

I finally decided to finish with B&N, so last week was my last. I'm not sure just what to do for income, but I have ideas of how to spend the next few months.

Working on the airplane has been foremost, as it is almost time for the Annual Inspection. This past weekend Bill & I took apart the panel to replace the shock mounts that were either missing or falling apart. Since we had it apart we were able to install the indicator light for vacuum failure in a location where it is more noticeable. This is a prelude to replacing the vacuum pump with a piston type rather than the vane type currently installed (and hours overdue for an overhaul). We are also going to replace the air filter, but it needs a 337, so I have to get an IA to supervise that.

Saturday is the Open House Fly-In at Aircraft Spruce, and we plan to go. Looking forward to it as we haven't seen their new location. I already put in a Will-Call order for some items we need to install the aforementioned items.

In June I travel to LA to see the new grandchild, who is currently residing in-utero:


Hopefully Melanie will join me there so that I have someone to hangout with when A&W are tired of my company.

I am thinking of going back up to NY in July to spend some time at Old Rhinebeck learning what I can about old planes. Don't know just how this is going to work, I need to consult with someone there to see if I can do this. We'll see. It's a plan, one that I have been thinking of for absolutely ages, so I need to follow through to find out how it will benefit me for any future plans.

And in August I may or may not be teaching at GTC. It all boils down to Budget and if they have enough to hire me. Again, we'll see.

Meanwhile, Bill is still traveling to Mexico every week. I believe the end is in sight (barely) and he may be finished there by the end of the summer, which leaves us (me) wondering:

What's Next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home