It's been ages
So, it's been a really long time since I have felt much like writing here. Not much has really happened. I work at the book store, and Bill has been away in Mexico a lot.
Okay, so I have done some other stuff.
Let's see, I reconnected with Jodi, the person who did the dog training class that I took Mayah to right after we moved down here to SC. She is currently taking herbal medicine classes up in Ashville. I spent one day at the school with her. The classes were Flower Essences and Aryuveda. We were late back from lunch for the Aryuveda class, but we caught up quickly enough. Interesting stuff, but I know enough about myself that while I would love to know about all this, I don't really care to use it for others. I am too self centered and selfish to want to work for the benefit of others. That would require me to actually care about someone else, and I find that tiresome.
Another event was the "Ren Faire" held at the bookstore. The other people who wanted to have it were actually pretty clueless as to what to do to make it interesting, so I stuck my neck out and got some SCA folks to agree to come and do a demo. The whole thing almost went down the drain when we discovered (two days before the date) that they thought it was on Saturday when in fact, it was on Sunday. Almost didn't have any one to come, but two fighters and a lady managed to show. It saved the day, otherwise the only activities were kids making lame castles, my bobbin lace 'demo', and my teaching a dance to a small group of people all with two left feet. Well, it really wasn't that bad. We all enjoyed it and when one group of four managed to complete a hey correctly and on time, they were overjoyed!
I was so wound up prior to the occasion that afterword I was intensly exhausted.
And then Bill (who was home for two days after being away for two weeks) had to return to Mexico, leaving me alone again. At least the DVD of Pride and Prejudice is finally out and I have something to watch while I miss him.
Oh, and I spoke with Sue at Loominus and soon I will be weaving for them again. I think this will be fine. Meanwhile, I must get off line and go set up my loom and get some practice weaving in, as it has been quite a while since I have sat down and thrown a shuttle.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home