Thanksgiving
Wednesday I had a hair dresser appointment with Tammara who specializes in long hair and is the only person I allow to come near me with a pair of scissors. She trimmed off the split ends and evened up the bottom (about a half inch) and we chatted. She's great.
At some point in the afternoon I found myself sitting across from Dorothy and my head started to hurt so bad, and my ears! I thought they might start to bleed. She does that to me. We went out to dinner at some place about a half hour drive, near or in New Smyrna. Already, I had let myself eat some of the pot roast the night before, but I really prefer no meat. This restaurant was typical and had little to choose from that I could safely eat. I was going to get a salad with goats cheese, but at the last minute switched to one with crab, figuring I could just take the chunks out and put them to the side. After about 20 minutes (during which NO ONE noticed that we were sitting there) a waitress finally took the order, not even telling us the specials or anything. I guess the fact that we only ordered water for our drinks put her off. Another 15 or 20 minutes before she dropped off some rolls and said, "here are some MORE rolls" to which I corrected her that we hadn't had ANY so far. She looked blank and turned away to her drinking customers. After another LONG wait the food came and I was dismayed to see that the crab was SHREDDED and tasted awful. I scraped off as much as I could and proceeded to munch on the blah salad. I ate more rolls and asked a passing waiter for more. Our waitress was MIA. She finally brought some more. Oh, and it was FREEZING there. So, all in all, it wasn't such a great evening.
Thursday morning, instead of going to the BEACH, Bill took his Dad up for a flight. Of course, I went along. No way would I get stuck having my head hurt again. The flight was down to New Smyrna and back. We overflew the Golf course and found John & Dorothy's house. Flew past Spruce Creek and over near the restaurant from the night before. One the drive home after dinner, John had told us about the islands in the inland waterway. It was dark so we couldn't see much. On the flight we went right over the same area, so it was actually pretty neat. I was a back seat driver, annoying Bill I suppose, but I really prefer my style of piloting.
Dinner was at a neighbors and was fine. One couple there had lived in Spartanburg and found it to be as unfriendly as I do, so now I know it's not just me. There was a distinct lack of green vegies, though the candied yams were delish. I had seconds, which was foolish, but for heavens sake: IT WAS THANKSGIVING DINNER -- my favourite meal of the year. I won't eat animals again until next Thanksgiving.
The next day I had to be at work by 2PM. I figured we needed to get off the ground by 8AM in order for me to have time to shower etc and get to work on time. Well, the fog kept us grounded until 9:15, and I was in knots. I phoned Rebecca who said not to worry. I worried just the same. We got to Statesboro and I talked to Melissa who switched me to a later shift. Whew! Relief! We decided we had the time to stop in Union to fuel up.
After fueling in Union the plane wouldn't start. My heart just sunk. I had to get to work. We left early, flew all day and I WANTED TO GO TO WORK. Just then Lee Orr stopped off for fuel and I bummed a ride back to SPA. Just loaded my luggage and deserted Bill. Of course I fretted as soon as I landed in SPA. What was I thinking?? Well, Bill is a big boy and he'll figure out something. I put notes all over that he should phone me if he got back okay. Of course, his phone was turned off.
He managed to get the plane started and flew home. We need to put in a new starter, though. Whew, that's all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home