BOUND, AND SURROUNDED BY SHARP OBJECTS

This is how that math class makes me feel.
Just trying to read the book that came with the calculator is frustrating. You'd think a manual would be logical, but it jumps from topic to topic with very little explanation and sometimes just half the useful info. It took me most of the afternoon just to find out how to go back a page to see previous work. Jeeezzzz!!
I got to the middle of page 4 in the text before I lost it completely and started screaming and crying. Now, anyone who was in the vicinity when I took the online computer course knows to wear earplugs and stay out of firing range. But this time I have decided: I AM DROPPING THIS CLASS!!!
Really, anything that makes my ass twitch like this does is just not worth it. I poured my heart out to Bill when he got home from work. He, of course, just walked away and muttered that I should just take a break and think of something else. I don't know if he doesn't want to listen to me or thinks that when I cool down I will reneg and feel like trying again. Well, I won't. Nothing should make me feel so trapped and abused.
The thing that has me doubly upset is how much $$ I have sunk into this stupid endeavor. Books alone cost $175 or so, and the calculator was $100. I can get a small return for the texts if I sell them back to the store, but not much.
Why do I always seem to get involved in such costly useless projects?
I am going to go curl up with something hot to drink and watch Hayley Mills in Africa (The Flame Trees of Thika). She is my childhood hero, the person I most wanted to be. I still love her and want to be her. (Like that would ever happen)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home