Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Friday, December 29, 2006

A Visit to the Beach


On Wednesday Bill & I flew down to Daytona Beach to visit the In-Laws. It was a fast, pleasant flight, Bill flew IFR with a quick stop for fuel in Union. On Thursday we went to the Beach!! Always makes me happy. I spent at least five or ten minutes within a few feet of a beautiful Egret. I got a lot closer after snapping this shot:

but didn't take any while I was closer. Not wanting to startle it, I stayed fairly still. edging closer whenever it was distracted by the tiny darter fish it was hunting.

The day was so beautiful, I just wanted to stay forever. I was, however, rather tired out from all the fresh sea air, so we finally headed back to J&D's for lunch. Later that evening we went out for dinner and early Friday morning we were back in the plane heading for home. A lovely trip. I have a small bag of treasures gleaned along the water's edge. More seashell fragments to line the mantle. Ah, heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home