Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Happiness is something you choose, every day

I thought I'd finally recovered from my several years of depression, but as the winter weather settles in I have been slipping back to feeling lonely and sad again. Bill's job has him on the road every week, so we only have weekends and holidays together. This weekend, however, he had to leave on Sunday afternoon, shortening an already brief visit. Argh!

The last two weeks (or maybe more, I've lost track) have found me both lonely and lazy. With so many projects it would seem that I have more than enough to do, but this ennui makes it hard to get up and get going. I have to remind myself every morning to choose happiness. Often it is forgotten before I get downstairs. But, as we know, Practice Makes Perfect. So I continue to attempt to remain a happy person, and keep my head well above the water.

Another thing I've decided to do is to jumpstart my diet by switching from one plan to another. Oh, didn't you know that I've returned to Weight Watchers? Well, I have, and until these last few weeks I was loosing quite well, thank you very much. One of the down sides of being down (ha ha) is grazing as an attempt to fill the void. I have switched from counting every food point to the core system which limits the type of food rather than the actual amount. So, I can eat a potato (one a day) and not think about it. I can eat as many grapes and other fruits and not worry about how many points I've consumed, but I can't eat bread. Well, I do have some weekly points to allow for it, but it is so tempting to over do it. Hopefully I can work with this new plan and get back on track.

enough with the cliches already, I got work to do. TTYL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of all the people that love you and all the people that you make happy just by knowing you

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home