Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cakes, Flying Etc

The cakes have been well received at work, but this week will be my last Wilton one, as I have decided that with my current schedule, I am just too tired to do all the stuff needed to produce for an evening class. Last week I was blotto about half way thru the class and ended up just winging the final decoration. Of course, it looked just fine and the guys at work loved it. It sat on the break table, untouched for hours. Nobody wanted to be the one to cut into it. I finally cut a huge piece for someone to eat and it wasn't long before it was all gone! I am debating putting cutting lines and words: EAT THIS CAKE on the top. Here's a picture of last week's cake:

The red was much redder, but I had trouble getting a good shot. This week I made all new icing and hope it will be good. We are making roses and I hope to have a pretty cake to take to work tomorrow.

On the Flying Front: I am seriously considering flying to the 99s conference in 2008. It is in Anchorage Alaska. I looked at the map, there is almost the same distance over Canada as there is of the US. Could be interesting. Meanwhile, it seems even more imperative that I get my instrument rating. Besides, it will be good for any future Angel Flights I may sign up for. (I have been putting that off for too long, but that is another post) Bill seemed interested in the flight, I would love to have him along for part of the trip. After the conference I would like to fly down to Portland Oregon to visit Monique, then to LA to see Annika, Will and Sam. I will bring along knitting and go to Stitch & Bitch at the Farmer's Market.

Yeah, it sounds like a Plan!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home