Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Monday, July 24, 2006

I've been lazy, I mean busy

Last weekend during the hottest of the hot spell we flew up to NC for a Mountain Flying Seminar. After the sit down/lecture portion, we went over to the airport for lunch and flying assignments. I was feeling dizzy, I think the heat was getting to me, so I let Bill fly first. I rode in the back seat. The heat made it interesting to be at higher altitudes, landing at small, narrow hemmed-in-by-hills runways. I still felt dizzy, so I copped out and took a rain check. I'll fly there in the fall when it not only is cooler, but the foliage should be awesome.

This week we plan to fly up to Massanutan, Virginia to visit the in-laws who are staying there for the week. Hopefully we can fly on up to Lancaster, Pa on Saturday to visit my Mum for lunch before heading back down to SC. The only hickup will be the weather, as is usual for flying trips. As long as it isn't all lightning and all, Bill can file IFR, but I would like to do some flying too. We'll see. Meanwhile, I have work tomorrow morning, so I need to iron a blouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home