Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Huntington Gardens

Today we went to the Huntington Gardens for a walk and a visit to the Tea Room there. It was very hot, almost 100 degrees, so we didn't spend a lot of time walking about. Mostly, we saw the Desert Gardens, lots of cactii and the like:

This is kinda neat the way it swirls and has little babies growing out from it.

We had a great buffet type Tea Time there, and I indulged in foods I will possibly regret later (mainly Dairy, which I get an adverse reaction to) but really enjoyed.

It was over too soon.

Sam was incredibly quiet the WHOLE time, which made it rather enjoyable, though I suspect that the rest of the afternoon at home was not restful for Will & Annika.

I came back to the Hotel and showered and am chilling and waiting to see if Annika is up for a night out at a Blogger Reading at the Improv. I hope she wants to go, I'd enjoy that.

Last night I went with Annika and Sam to the Farmer's Market for dinner and a session with the local Stitch & Bitch Knitters Group. There is a varied group of people that meet, and it was actually nice to chat with people who can chat instead of lecture.

Tomorrow Melanie arrives, and I'm not sure what we'll be doing.

I do find it difficult to relax and not feel anxious about not having any plans. I am just too uptight, and that is a bummer. Well, at least I know where I need to work on adjusting!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home