Aircraft Anonymous

Musings of a Library Assistant who recently went back to college to study Aircraft Maintenance and got her Airframe & Powerplant Certification.

My Photo
Name:

Being a private pilot with a plane (C172) I have been certified as an aircraft mechanic so I can work on the plane and know what I am doing and have FAA approval.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

In which I rediscover the blue champ


I have had a copy of this picture in my car and a copy in my tool box for ages. It is the Aeronca Champ of my dreams.

Except for the cigar...

I rediscovered this plane at the fly-in at Lake Norman. The owner is such a young guy! He had the door removed and when I wasn't looking, he took off. I think he has an oil leak somewhere, the inside of the cowl was coated. I looked in when he was checking his oil. (Should have known he was planning to take off.)

I couldn't figure out where his electric supply was, but I saw a cigar on the floor.

Don't think that was the source for the radios...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home